Silent Birthday Celebration
[html]

Leland felt gratitude as the female seemed to sympathize with him. Perhaps she receive glances and looks far more than what she appreciated, Leland knew what it was like to be gawked at. Opening his mouth to make a comment, on the oddity of both their looks, the male became startled at the excitement caused by DaWali’s name. Drawing back, the male felt guilty, though for what he could not say. "I met the man... oh... weeks ago. He jus’ was new and I gave him some information on the packs ‘round here.” Leland nodded at her explanation, though he wondered why the name would cause such a ruffle if it was only her father. DaWali had seemed kind enough.

There wasn’t time to question it, nor would Leland have having already tread so closely to being considered rude, when out of nowhere a creature came and presented itself to Leland, landing gracefully atop the wrist of Asha. Odd colored eyes opened wide as Leland took in the figure of the hawk, he turned to Asha as she explained and gestured to the horse that too had appeared, from seemingly nowhere. Why hadn’t Leland spotted or scented them before? "My, my, will wonders never cease? Asha, dear girl, you er quite full of surprises, I’ll give ya that." Leland spoke lowly and appreciatively, as if he spoke too loudly and the animals would vanish as quickly as they appeared. It was not uncommon, Leland had learned, for canines to have companions of other species, but the saddle atop the wild horse was a new sight indeed, as was the horse itself. Looking questioningly at the saddled horse, then back to Asha, he hoped the female would explain more without him having to ask.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread