this guns for hire
[html]
http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g210/ ... parrow.png);background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;">
wc256

---

Literally speaking, Jefferson was not entirely sure what he meant by Iskata 'throwing them off', especially in the opinion of her own son, but the brute chose not to comment on it, finding reason instead to simply keep the limping pace after the absent-minded stranger who had become so comfortable with the lands. He seemed more familiar with the grounds there than Jefferson himself, though that was probably because Jefferson didn't have the time nor patience to do more ground scouting that usual. His position as Captain demanded he knew quick and easy exits in case of emergency, and that he did--but when it came to knowing the actual Phoenix Valley lands, well, his leg didn't really give him the leeway to do so. It hurt even when he was doing something useful, something good; the pain that stung through the limb was like a permanent reminder on who he had used to be, and now existed only to keep him from turning back. It was somewhat tedious, really.

"I used to say that," he scowled, resistant to opening up to strangers. It wasn't really opening up, really. He was just doing that lecture thing again. "I was a loner for years before I ended up here by accident. I was only going to stay until I could eat and take off without being noticed, but..." He shrugged, indifferent green eye staring at DaVinci stolidly. "Best you can do is give it a chance. It's not bad." He quirked a brow at the idea of a swim, and scowl grew sarcastic in a wordless reply.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread