took a train to new york city
[html]
mall-caps;color:#880000;">do you believe in god written on the bullet

Gaze drifted across the stranger's visage as he moved next to him, briefly taking in the coyote's features. A sound of assent followed his words, as though simply to show he was truly listening, but rather lacking in a response. "You zhink so?" he said with a grin, amused, as he slid the ring back onto his finger before continuing to shift through the case's contents. Luka's eyes followed the coyote's gaze to see what had attracted his attention, eying the bookcase with him. He was a fan of books as well, but they weren't the best possessions to carry around with you. Rain and weather destroyed them, and thus they were better left in dusty libraries, read and absorbed before continuing on your way. He had read many books in his life, but titles and details faded away with time, leaving behind only the vague stories and morals obtained. Luka looked back toward the coyote at his question, thinking a moment before answering.
        "I guess, it eez freedom. I can go anyvhere I please, and the vorld is my home." But even so, he couldn't help but desire what his father, and his father before him had: a place to return to. The tiny star on his wrist was meant to be his guiding star, but where was it leading him to? Luka didn't even know where he was born. His family had been wandering when he'd been birthed, and so of his birth-location all he has is that it was somewhere in eastern Europe. They had come here to this place for Zaets to seek those he'd left behind and revisit where he'd grown up. And Rurik had been born and raised in Russia, growing homesick and abandoning his children to seek solace in it's familiarity.
        If a look crossed his face betraying his deepest thoughts it was but brief and vague, quickly gone before anyone could even know it was there. It was lonely, spending your life on the road, friends only those you met along the way.
[/html]

Messages In This Thread