took a train to new york city
[html]

http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r173 ... header.jpg); background-attach:top center; background-repeat: no-repeat; background-color:#162022;">

sharksPerhaps their preference of treasures were really enough to set their lifestyles apart. It was certainly true that he was capable of reading the contents of a novel or two and then never touching it again, but he had grown up with a bookshelf in the living room and a thousand books that were like his neighbors. They had been his companions when his siblings had been busy or away, and they had filled his head with all the things he'd never bothered seeking outside his territory's walls. He liked the familiarity of an old book -- one that he'd read more than once; he liked that they could hold memories, just like other mundane objects, and that they had the power to bring back to mind what he might have otherwise forgotten. There were dozens of stories that were repeated in any number of books, so the words could be found again even if he didn't have the same copy of a text, but it was never quite the same, somehow.

sharksThe world's a big place, he mused, picking up an aging brown softcover whose title was so marred that it was unreadable. I don't think I could ever get used to that, but I'm having a hard time getting settled again anyway. The book was filled with poetry; faded and missing words made for an interesting effect, and he couldn't help but grin a little at them. Where's your home here at the moment? Or does it just depend on the night?

[/html]

Messages In This Thread