When you're crying, I try to make you laugh.
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v90/c ... 4w6s2b.jpg); background-position:top; background-repeat: no-repeat; width: 500px; border: 1px solid #000; background-color: #000;">

Cercelee waited patiently for a question to follow, unsure if the female expected her to direct the conversation. What was there to say about Dahlia de Mai off the top of her head? The pack was still new, not even a year old, so not many traditions or customs had been formed. Cercelee could simply tell Cwmfen how the pack had been formed, she could even list the names of all their previous members, but what use would that be? Nice to know perhaps, but the past did not provide knowledge that could be used to one’s advantage. Cercelee knew that though it was important to her, not every new member would take the time to learn the ever growing history of their pack. Smiling when the girl asked about the formalities, Cercelee nodded. "Well, you seem to know well enough the respect due to anyone in a higher rank than you. Although, truth be told, after you’ve been here a bit you can relax. This pack is more family and friends than anything else, and although we show respect when it is needed and my or Haku’s word is law, we don’t expect you to submit constantly. There really is no need, we know you mean no disrespect."

That had been the ideal that Colibri and herself had had in mind when Dahlia de Mai was born, and Cercelee hoped that it still held true. Clearing her throat, the Rosea continued, now would be as good a time as any to explain the ranks, which often confused those not use to Dahlia’s specific labels. "Higher ranks allow you greater responsibility and privileges, once you hit the rank Circèe you may choose a co-rank, whatever best fits your skills and abilities, and if one of our co-ranks does not suit you, you may suggest a new one. At the rank of Mai, one may accept newcomers into the pack, by that time you will have my trust and I know that you would not bring in anyone who does not deserve a place here." Cercelee paused, mentally counting the ranks above Bluet. Cwmfen would soon be eligible for a co-rank, hopefully that was something for the raven black wolf to look forward to. "Circèe is the next rank up for you, and Mai is two more after that."

Pausing to let the sable female digest the information, Cercelee considered the female’s other questions. Hunting, relationships, and other such rituals were hard to explain, it was easier to learn about them as one went. It had been an adjustment for Cercelee, living in Dahlia de Mai, as she had never truly felt any one pack to be her home before, but Cercelee had never truly been alone either. To go for complete isolation into a complex social community was sure to be overwhelming to some. "Hunting with a partner isn’t much different than hunting on your own, once you adapt to it. You just need to communicate before hand, and learn to read their body languages. I suppose it’s easier if you and your partner have a understanding of one another, makes it easier to communicate with out speaking. Hunting with the pack, well that’s most about carrying out a plan or following the cues of the lead hunter. Slay is out lead hunter, so I would guess if you have more questions on hunts, you could speak with him." Cercelee smiled encouragingly, perhaps if she gave the female a reason to seek out another, it would prompt her to do so. "Well, a pack meeting is in the works, you’ll meet everyone then if you don’t before, but the relationships, well I suppose those will just have to develop over time... However, you and I aren’t strangers any longer, so you have a nice head start." The cream colored canine smiled at the other, hoping that her answers had been somewhat helpful, and waiting for another inquiry. Facing the female, black as night, Cercelee felt a sense of purpose. This was why she enjoyed being alpha, leading, directing, helping and protecting. It had been purely by accident that she discovered how much she enjoyed the tasks, but she embraced it fully.

Table by Tammi!

[/html]

Messages In This Thread