When you're crying, I try to make you laugh.
[html]
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j40/k ... mfenv2.png); background-position: center center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

500+

Cwmfen was eager to learn from the white Rosea. Ever since she had been a pup, her mother had told her tales of life in the pack. Even in Caledonia there were many packs thriving, and her mother had originated from one of the older entities of the isle. Yet, when Graine had been killed, the knowledge of that surreal world had fallen dead, and she was left in the dark. Even when there was no mother to raise a maturing female, he had not permitted her freedom to roam. But she had escaped, had found herself running for the next year. And now, after the fleeing and the fear, the black female had finally found a sanctuary, a real pack. Before, she had not had the heart to find another group, for she knew that her father was on her heels. But ‘Souls was a place that was different from those with out its boarders. Graine, too, had told of the ancestor Turuambar Wolfbane, a brief member of the pack Clouded Tears before he had set out, restless once more. Cwmfen was done running. She was ready to learn the ways of this alien system.

The woad-marked fae was relieved to hear that she knew her place. What followed, however, she had not known. "It seems as if respect has a similar meaning within the packs as it does with out. I was unsure as to how far physical display was necessary to carry out, but I suppose that I still forget that within a pack, regardless of bloodline, we are all part of a family." Cwmfen smiled, her posture relaxing and becoming more natural. This sense of security was new to her. While she was accustomed to and had come to love the wild nature of lone travels, it was time for a change of scenery. Yet, it was not as if she were trapped and tied down—to the contrary, life seemed to change in only that danger within the boarders was minimal and that there was a sense of being protected and needing to protect. It was a pleasant discrepancy.

Silently, but with much more than marginal interest, Cwmfen took note of Cercelee’s oration of ranks, co-ranks, and hunting. The black fae knew that she was a Bluet now, and the prospect excited her. Soon, with hard work and attention, she would be able to progress to Circèe and obtain a co-rank. Having nearly asked what co-ranks there were, she was glad that she had waited to hear of the hunting. Slay. He was the lead hunter. That was something that interested her greatly. Indeed, the black she-wolf had lived for the battle, but she doubted that Dahlia de Mai had need of a wolf to run about demanding satisfaction. A hunt was a similar way of refining skills. "I think that I will find time to meet him soon," the young female thought aloud, her melodic voice like fluttering gold. Then, she wondered to Cercelee: "When I am able to choose a co-rank, I’d like to be a hunter. Would I discuss this with Slay as well?" Cwmfen figured that this must also be discussed with the Rosea, but, since Slay was the lead hunter, she wondered whether he also had a say in whether she may earn such a rank.

Cercelee’s final words made Cwmfen blush, but that comment made her glad inside. The black, woad-bound maw was graced with a genuine smile. She was glad that the Rosea considered her a stranger no longer. Perhaps at this coming meeting, she wouldn’t be so shy around her. There was no way in which she could think of to respond to the white wolf, so she let a few moments of appreciative silence slip by, the black tail wagging several times, emphasizing her emotion. Then, in the thoughtful silence, another subject came to her mind. "This place is where the pack may meet. Are there other places in Dahlia de Mai that serve similar or similarly specific purposes?"

[/html]

Messages In This Thread