We could throw our loyalties to the sea.
[html]

“Firefly and who else?” Cercelee had spoke with Firefly, she knew that the poor girl was damaged, but who was the child? Certainly a member of Inferni, as Dahlia de Mai lack any child, they always had. “What’d ‘we’ do to her?” Whatever had happened to the girl, it would be blamed on Dahlia most likely, though Gabriel had not mentioned anything, so perhaps that too had been put behind them, though it was still best to know. In case it was ever dug up from it’s grave again. Cercelee titled her head at Haku, eyes questioningly. She expected honestly, she wanted to be able to trust him, however whether she could or not, that was still yet to be decided.

Cercelee was surprised at the apology issued forth from Haku’s lips, although nothing registered on her face. Perhaps it was the attack on Firefly that made him regret the war, perhaps it was something more. Cercelee could only hope Haku had meant what he said about responsibility and protecting the pack. “I forgive you Haku, I have to, otherwise this leadership will never work. However, I continue to be weary of your actions, for the time being.” Cer’s words became a big more gentle, although not quite friendly. This was still business, and even if it weren’t Cer wasn’t sure Haku and her would ever make the best of friends. “I don’t want to have to worry if you’re going to go so far again... but I do. Your actions, good or bad, reflect on Dahlia de Mai. I don’t want to get the pack tangled up in any more messes, and I want to know that you don’t want that either. And that as our second in command, you’re going to remember that even the actions you take in private could effect us.” It could be hard, being some what of a public image, but now was the time to back down if Haku thought the responsibility was too high. “We need to work together, communicate more. I trust you to act in my place, but if there is anything that threatens the pack I need to know about it before any real action is taken, and I need to know I can trust you to come to me.” Cercelee raised her brows at Haku. It was clear she intended to keep him in his rank, so long as he continued to serve her purposes, which now with the war over were vastly different than the reasons she had put him in his place originally.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread