momma I'm so afraid
DaVinci had expected his mother to be the one to show up at the border and while he waited he watched as Ty and Skylar sat behind him, in this dejected stage as though they'd just been thrown to the side by their mother and left with a complete stranger. Hell, what was he thinking, they had been left with a complete stranger, and the worst kind. Their own father. He would agree with their mother on one aspect, raising the two in the lifestyle she lead was nothing he would ever want a child of his own to have to know. He wouldn't say he was ashamed to know the woman but the rough and tumble life in taverns would never be healthy for their young.

DaVinci tried to smile as Skylar glanced up at him, he tried to speak reassuringly as he kept one ear open for the footfall of his mother. "Hey, don't worry.. this place is nice, your grandmother is the Matriarch and the others who lead with her love children.." He wasn't sure if he really knew any female who didn't get all mistyeyed over puppies but he didn't think that the two knew that. When Skylar nodded shyly and crouched down behind Tyrone, who was glaring up at his father darkly DaVinci sighed and turned back to the red dirt road.

Almost as soon as he'd turned back he saw the snowy pelt of another making her way towards him. DaVinci straightened up, a slight frown on his lips as he recognized Deuce, slightly confused as to where his mother was when her cottage was so close to this side of the packlands... and he knew that Deuce's own resided clear across to the other side. He smiled as she said hello and asked about the two behind him.

He raised his brows up in defeat as he answered truthfully. "Deuce.. I'd like you to meet my children, Tyrone and Skylar.." He doubted that she hadn't already made the connection, Skylar almost being his doubt, and Tyrone looking almost like the spitting image of the Matriarch. He turned and gazed off into the distance as he tried to figure out how to ask the question he needed to.

Messages In This Thread