lesson number one
[html]

She knew that they wouldn't be this size for very long, that each day the pups were getting bigger and bigger, so she was trying to spend as much time with them as she could. Naniko didn't know how a parent was supposed to act around their children, but she had some experience with pups. She had taken care of Davinci, had helped to raise Dahlia and Khaden, then Dierdre's boys. She figured that it would be about the same thing...except for the fact that these ones would actually be hers.

She could have guessed that the two pups would start playing immediately; the little ones had boundless energy. Naniko couldn't quite match their enthusiasm but she came close to their level of it, butting her head against Anu's side and then sitting beside her."I slept really, really well. I love this place--it's nice and warm, for being as big as it is. And a good shield from the wind" Salem continued to tumble around with Haven, occasionally gaining the upper hand on the slightly smaller male. More often than not the black pup was overtaken, though, proving that size wasn't everything. "The best thing about having this place is having you here with me. With us. I'm really glad. What about you? How did you sleep?"

[/html]

Messages In This Thread