lesson number one
[html]

Another face appeared from the cave behind her, a small white pup with clear, icy blue eyes. Her mouth was open in a large yawn, but as soon as it closed she was talking. Brooklyn had been the first one to speak, the first one to walk, and the first to open her eyes-it was a bit of a pattern. Naniko had been thinking about giving her something new to do, something that might challenge her, but hadn't been able to come up with anything yet. The other three took a lot of attention, too. "Mama...I's hungeee!! hungee!" She said. Ah, hungry. They were almost always hungry.

Last to appear was large brown Mati, stumbling toward the front of the cave. Brooklyn looked back at her and Mati cowered a little, tail curling beneath her legs. She crawled toward the front, so as not to provoke her older sister. Naniko grabbed hold of Mati just as Brooklyn started forward at her. "No more of that." She was preoccupied by the girls for a moment, and when she looked back Anu and the boys were a little ways away. "No, you never snore. That I've heard, anyway. These guys certainly do, though." She put Mati down when she reached Anu, Salem, and Haven, giving a warning look to Brooklyn. "Brooklyn's hungry...and I'm sure the others will be pretty soon. Maybe we should teach them some strategies...for hunting today?" It would get some food into their bellies and tire them out a bit.
[/html]

Messages In This Thread