Two of a kind.
[html]Slay chuckled, shaking his head in amusement. "Well, our pack is recruiting, so if you like what you see, you're welcome to stay. We do have our share of pretty lasses, but sorry to say, I haven't spotted any huskies around, if you're looking for a nice tail-wagger." The big wolf padded forward a few steps, glancing fondly over his shoulder at Leland. Were all dogs this nice? As a whole, they probably were. The stories he'd been told about how humans had taken in weak-minded wolves and made them even gentler somewhat made sense now. Maybe that's why the other luperci were welcoming of dogs, but hostile towards coyotes - their personalities, their very genetics, defined who they were. There was always so much to learn about this strange place...

Slay stifled a yawn, crunching through the leaves and trying to think of places to show Leland. The graveyard, definitely; the vineyard seemed like a fair bet, and the dock might be interesting. He himself hadn't explored most of the buildings, since he had never experimented with the two-legger form and still found human dwellings a bit claustrophobic. Not that he could blame it all on the roof; he couldn't even sleep in a den without waking up with night terrors. If he couldn't see the sky, even in the forest, it was far too easy to panic. "Pack life here is awfully laid-back," he drawled, thinking aloud. "It depends on the leader, sure, but you can still wander all over, meet new faces... To be honest, I haven't even met all my packmates. I just kinda hang out here. It's not like you're tied down at all." He gave a whiskery smile, picturing Cercelee's face had she overheard that comment. Certainly most pack members were expected to take at least a little more interest in the comings and goings of their family, or even to simply fulfill the duty they were assigned. He was lucky to drift in for pack meetings...

"Mm, you've got prospects though, mate? Good for you! It's nice to have somewhere to call 'home', especially when you've been without one for so long. Hm... Do you like fish?"

[/html]

Messages In This Thread