Like Another Hole in the Head
[html]This thread *IS* backdated, to before whenever Agani found Tayui. I'll find the exact dates for whoever shows up.

Your turn, you'd rather leave than live and learn. That's why, you want an end, and so do I. This time, I believe I'll leave it all behind. Tongue tied from all the little things, and they're the reason that I scream: I need you probably as bad as I need another hole in the head-

"Stop. Singing," Agani growled, a frown on his face as he tugged absently at his ear. For the past several weeks, the unknown creature whose voice was in his head had gotten steadily louder and bolder and... More irritating. She enjoyed singing. He was certain she was a female, even though she never told him so, and he was also certain she was somewhere nearby, although he could never, ever see her. Even when he looked.

You are no fun, she said petulantly. He could practically hear her pouting. Did that mean she had lips? How many animals could perfect a pout?

These thoughts, and the impromptu song that his head-friend improvised, occured as Agani lay on his back, staring up through the thin canopy of the autumn Dampwoods, and into the sky above. The weather would generally be considered poor, with scattered clouds and surprise showers, but Agani saw the stars between the clouds, and relished the cool kisses of the rain when it was there, so he was content to stargaze while he thought.

Stars were easy to find, compared to his prize. And even if you saw no constellations, you could make them up. That was the beauty of the heavens: once upon a time, those pictures in the skies were merely stories by a creative mind. He was a creative mind, perhaps his stories would be printed in the stars one day. It was unlikely.
[/html]

Messages In This Thread