Like Another Hole in the Head
[html]

I'm in need of a few backdated threads myself, as it were. Hope you don't mind me crashing the party, as they say?

The autumn evening was damp and chilly, causing the thin-pelted canine to don a thick cloak woven from Scottish wool. The fabric was dark crimson in hue and contrasted starkly with her copper-sable-and-cream coloration. Valrian had consented to brave the weather this evening as well, and his brilliant alabaster plumage was easily visible from where he sat huddled close to Festivity's neck under the wide, floppy hood. Well, consented might be a stretch in terminology, as the original plan had been to be back to the city before sunset, which was now some hours past. The mynah had complained -- and would continue to complain -- about the weather since it started patchily raining midday, but his hybrid companion didn't mind the wetness so much. The garb made it easy to ignore and the water droplets turned the fall foliage into a gallery of glittering enchantment, like some fairy-realm from one of her more far-fetched tales.

Valrian had long ago lapsed into sullen silence which left Festivity free to enjoy herself in peace. The night was young, the lands were new, and fresh view in front was enough to bring a smile to her odd, compact face. Little was she aware that others might be out enjoying the crisp, soggy air until she nearly fell over him. "Whoop!" A trip and a stumble; a flutter of vivid wings. Then with regained balance, her rich and accented voice querying, "I'm so sorry, are you okay?"

[/html]

Messages In This Thread