we'll live the rest of our lives, but not together
[html]

It had been a question on the edge of her mind since the very moment that Arkham had asked her about it. It was important, even more so than the comments he made beforehand, so she kept her attention on his answer to that particular question. It had been her brother that had made her aware of this, the fact that he seemed sad. Sure, she had seen it, but there was something inside her that had never really recognized it as sadness. It was just him, just like he always was. Perhaps she had been around him far to long to realize that it was sadness and that it wasn't just a part of who he was. The answer brought a very faint frown to her lips and, though she knew he couldn't see it, she still tried to hide it.

"You should rest then." She said finally, nodding her head at her own words as if the action would magically make it a good idea. Somehow she didn't think tired was meant as actually tired, though. "Even Arkham asked me if you were still sad." And she supposed that was saying something. She knew that they had never really spent time together, she couldn't recall that they had even met each other besides the one time that her brother tried to warn her about him. If he could remember from that long ago and, as far as she knew, their father hadn't changed much. Saying it was okay didn't make it the truth.

"Jasper is better now also." She told him finally, unable to accuse her father of lying to her, to yell and smack her hands on the table and tell him that she knew he was sad. He'd been the same way ever since she could remember, since she was tiny, and that had to mean that it had gone on since before she was born. Maybe they weren't the cause of his sadness. "Do I have any other family?" It seemed an innocent question and one that she was truly curious about, but it could potentially lead to the cause of his sadness. "Anyone else related to you, I mean?"

[/html]

Messages In This Thread