we'll live the rest of our lives, but not together
[html]

It was funny somehow, how many times Clouded Tears and Inferni had crossed paths in the past. They had waged more than one war, and they had bred more than one litter of misbegotten children. But it looked like Inferni was the victor in the end because the other no longer existed and in time, it would disappear from memories and words and there would be nothing left but the dirty script the hybrid had written in the yellowed pages of a journal stolen from a bookstore. Rachias moved and Laruku followed because it was all he could do; he had no senses to guide him but hers, and he trusted that. I have a book, he told her, a little bit out of the blue, I wrote all of Clouded Tears' history that I know. It was quite a substantial amount considering all that Ceres and Siondaite had told him; in any case, it was probably more than anyone else to say on the matter.

You can have it. I don't have anything else to add to it. The pages were formal and contained only what the hybrid had decided was relevant to overall history. Names, wars, births, deaths. He had been careful to leave out anything that was directly related to himself, particularly the real cause of the second war with Inferni, though in retrospect, it probably didn't matter. The world had a right to know just how terrible of a leader he had been. Rachias deserved to know, if that was what she wanted to know. It's on the mantle. Has a red cover.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread