you never knew me
[html]
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j40/k ... ablev2.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

Haven's head cocked to one side. Had they taught him not to talk to strangers? Most likely they had. Whenever they were in a group and came upon someone they didn't know, they had been taught to wait until they were given the "okay" sign before approaching. But no one was with him right now, so how was he supposed to meet new people if he had to stay away from them! Besides, wouldn't mean people look mean? "I dunno. They was always wif us, and let us know when it was oks to talk to stwangers. But no ones wif me now, an' you didn' look means." To the boy it was a perfectly good explanation.

He smiled as DaVinci laughed when he stood up to Ty. In his experience with his parents, laughter had been a sort of encouragement, especially from Anu. His tail wagged as his gaze shot back to silver man. Coyote? Dog? He had heard of coyotes from his moms, but not about dogs. And even though he'd heard of them, he'd never actually seen a coyote before. Haven shrugged his shoulders, it didn't matter to him what they were as long as they were nice. "I has heard of coyotes before, but not dogs. But I dun care, doesn't really matter whats you are, right?" The boy was unaware that, to some of the people in the world, it mattered quite a bit.

"Yah. Momma Nani an' Momma Anu." The fact that his family was of the nontraditional sort was completely lost on him. After all, that's the way it had always been, why would he have reason to think that it should be any other way?

[/html]

Messages In This Thread