All Hallow's Eve
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v90/c ... 0rvhgy.jpg); background-position:bottom; background-repeat: no-repeat; width: 486px; border: 1px solid #000; background-color: #090238;">
      Pack meeting. Haku should reply next and then everyone else. Yeeeeaaaah. Oct 31, dusk. Town Square.

Haku arrived, tossing down the meat and Cercelee looked over it with a critical eye and then nodded gratefully at the Lilium. “This will do nicely, good job.” Although she spoke lowly, her words were sincere. Had she had no white fur masking her face, Cercelee would have easily blushed at the compliment Haku showed the work she had put into the town square. Although a master at hiding her true motives and feelings, Cercelee was unsure of how tonight would go, the pack members would have to decide that. And Cercelee was eager for them to arrive and decide how the fate of the night was to unfold.

Arriving one by one, Cercelee nodded but said nothing until enough time had passed that any left in the packlands would have arrived. With dark navy eyes she took in all that had assembled, Firefly, keeping a coy distance from Haku, Mew adjacent to Cercelee herself, Slay whom was the only unshifted one in the group, and Cwmfen whom choose a spot of her own, probably due to not knowing anyone but Haku and herself. Raising herself up, if only to be heard better, Cercelee spoke warmly to the group, looking to each as she spoke their name to make sure all those who did not know the others would now meet. “Welcome, Haku, Mew, Firefly, Slay and Cwmfen. So this is all that is left of us?” It was disheartening to see their numbers so low after their pack had grown so well, but Cercelee did not doubt the loyalty of those whose eyes she met tonight. “No, there is one whom I still count among us, but has left to attend to family business. Alexey told me to expect her back later in winter.”

Clearing her throat (and at the same time her mind) Cercelee scanned her mental list of items to go over tonight, the list her and Haku had made of what to go over in the pack meeting. “It has been a while since a meeting, but this is not an ordinary meeting, as you all can see. After the formalities are finished, tonight is a night of celebration and reflection. We shall celebrate this pack and the members here tonight, reflect on our pasts, and perhaps celebrate and reflect on the lives of those who may not be with us anymore” Yes, tonight was a night of spirits, good spirits and past spirits, Cercelee just hopes that her pack could feel the energy she felt tonight.

“Before we begin with that, I know some of you already have duties with your co-ranks, but with our numbers so low, I need to remind us all that border patrol is up to everyone. As Haku is our only scout, he is incapable of keeping the borders safe day and night by himself. All strangers should be treated with caution, and even friends and family should be reported to either Haku or myself if you intend for them to have a prolonged stay within these lands. Of course I welcome all friends and family of my pack mates, but lately there have been too many canines coming through here with little regard to those who claim these lands.” Cercelee felt a tinge of guilt with these words, her policy had always been an open and friendly one, but more and more, with the war having opened her eyes, she was beginning to see the sense in a more tightly knit community. “Furthermore, I’d like anyone not with a co-rank currently to consider taking one up, or if not yet at the rank that one can acquire a co-rank, consider what you will choose. Also, while this is certainly not a pressing need, our pack lands are abundant with resources. We have wine and vineyards, a harbor, a fertile field in which we can grow anything, buildings upon buildings in which there is an abundance of items to be discovered and put to use. We also have quite the library with many books, full of useful as well as non useful items. I’d like us, beginning now, to start to use these resources. Learn new skills and teach each other old skills. Let us brain storm. If anyone has anything else to add, anything at all, a complaint, a suggestion, anything, speak now.” Cercelee sighed, looking to Haku. He of course would have the first chance to speak, but she had covered all the formal topics that were important to her, and barring any other issues to be dealt with, she would be more than happy to move on to the celebration.

Table by Tammi!

[/html]

Messages In This Thread