All Hallow's Eve
[html]

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c13/v ... erhaps.jpg); background-position:top; background-repeat: no-repeat;border:1px solid black;">

ooc

I've got soul but I'm not a soldier

Slay curiously studied the unfamiliar female, her dark lithe two-legger form marked with twisted blue patterns. Her scent was vaguely familiar - he didn't think they had met before, but apparently their paths had crossed. Was he supposed to know her? Cercelee addressed her by name, making Slay feel guilty, until he noticed Mew at his side watching her too. He wasn't the only one who had yet to speak to Cwmfn, it seemed.

As his leaders, Cercelee and Haku, spoke of border patrol duties, co-ranks, and scouting, Slay let his mind wander to other subjects. Things were changing in their pack, weren't they - Hanna was nowhere to be seen, nor shy Ember, nor Windseeker with her bird partner. He had trouble remembering their faces, to be honest with himself, but it was still strange to think their pack was back to its original size again. That would make him the only male besides Haku, too, since there was no sign of Desaevio, Mew's rabbit-loving friend. Not only were the faces different, but now he was the only one still on four paws. It was a bit unsettling to think that the natural way to walk now made him the odd man out... again.

Smirking lop-sidedly at this observation, Slay swiveled his white-tipped ears, catching the end of Firefly and Mew's conversation. Firefly would scout, and Mew would teach music and reading? "Reading... That could be helpful, with all the old human dwellings on our territory. I might take you up in that, Mew, all those little squiggles make me curious." He winked a blue eye at her, grinning pleasantly. He'd be happy to sing along, as always, but he certainly couldn't work a guitar without hands and fingers! No one really questioned why the luperci did not transform, which was a welcome surprise to him, although he certainly questioned it enough himself. His heart sank a little in his chest when he thought more closely on what Cercelee had spoken about - the libraries, vineyard, possible farmland... If the others pitched in and helped, it could be the idyllic place they were hoping for, but how could Slay use any of those resources?

"As to scouting, I'm familiar enough with the unclaimed territories - I could wander there on a regular basis if you need my help, or I could spend more time around the borders. There hasn't been much call for me hunting, but maybe I could give pointers on catching fish..." Slay's voice was more subdued than its usual jovial boom, since he always felt self-conscious around other wolves, especially those with rank, and those who had shifted. At least he was no longer afraid to speak his opinion. ...Right?

[/html]

Messages In This Thread