All Hallow's Eve
[html]
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j40/k ... mfenv2.png); background-position: center center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

700+

When the white Rosea began to speak, Cwmfen knew suddenly that this must be a pack meeting. She reminisced on her encounter with Cercelee the first time around—it had been in this same place. A town square, where pack meetings were held. The fae was glad that she could experience one so soon, especially since she’d see all the members. It seemed that Dahlia de Mai was not a large pack, but numbers, she knew well, meant nothing when compared to skill. And she supposed that this pack that was now her own must have such skill; had it not, it would not have survived. While she had not been within these lands for a long while, she knew already of two packs that had dispersed. She wondered what would happen to those territories.... Cercelee’s tone had initially felt somber, but it soon brightened with the talk of festivities. The black female smiled softly to herself, though it could have easily been dismissed as a twitch. She wondered what it was that packs did, and this night seemed to be the prime opportunity. It seemed that the spirits were favoring her wishes tonight.

The talk of co-ranks interested her. The woad-marked she-wolf still considered becoming a hunter. While, as Haku added, a wolf accustomed wandering might enjoy the position as scout—and Cwmfen did indeed enjoy her wandering—the female wanted a little change in her life.... Hunting was similar to battle, she had always thought, and obtaining the co-rank of hunter would give her the opportunity to continue to hone her skills—not to the same extent as combat would, but there was really no need for such action, it seemed. And if hunting did not suit her personality or life style, she could always change to scout. Cercelee had said that it would not cause any conflict to change as such, but Cwmfen wanted to cause minimal conflict, and so she remained thoughtfully considering the options.

But the woman Firefly stated that she would take up a rank as scout. There seemed to be some sort of chemistry between the two, but the black female had set herself at such a distance that the nature of the connection was left unknown. Yet, she was only mildly curious, and leaving such an observation hanging only mildly irritated her self. She felt that she did not need to pry in the business of others, but she was always curious to know the nature of those that directly affected her. However, as she continued on her tangent, the female decided that this did not directly affect her and so let it drop.

The female averted her attention to the other members that spoke, and she listened to their tone, their diction, and their words to try and decipher what personalities were present; however, it was difficult to discern this early in the acquaintance.

Cwmfen was intrigued by Mew’s words. "You are a musician? If you are good with lyrics, the song can be used to tell the stories or histories of the pack.... It is an age-long custom where I come from.... If this pack desires a history, perhaps the musician can be its writer?" The soft, musical lilt of the Caledonian-Korean merely suggested a thought that occurred. She smiled softly, pausing only slightly before she continued. "Yet reading would be useful to learn," she agreed to Slay, "as there is a library...." The black tail wagged softly behind her as she trailed off into silence. It would be nice to learn how to finally read. There were so many things that she had encountered in her travels that required reading, but her ignorance had kept her in the dark. She wondered what things there would be to read about in the library.

Then the woad-marked fae glanced towards the black and white male. "I would not mind helping with the boarder patrol, but I think that I’d like to look into hunting." As the silver tones ceased, Cwmfen seemed to be finished in her contribution, but then she spoke once more, almost as an after thought. "I know that numbers are low, but I noticed that there are many who shift to luperci and who prefer to clothe themselves. Cwmfen herself preferred not to clothe herself. She was accustom to the wind and grasses as her cloak, and so she did not adapt well to wearing garments. "Perhaps if there was one interested, a tailor could be of use?" Then she fell silent, and, smiling shyly and looking towards the earth, it seemed apparent that, at the moment, there was nothing more for her to say.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread