sdrawkcab & umop apisdn
[html]

Sure, we can fade off. ^^ And don't worry, Matrix doesn't think she's too crazy. XD

IC/OOC text separator

Strange terms were described by stranger ones, and even sober, Matrix would not have been able to follow. For a few moments the words looped over and over in her head, but sooner than later, Lith's voice echoing in her mind became jumbled and incoherent. Eventually, only one word was left: elves. Elves? Why on earth did she speak the language of a fantastical race that didn't exist? How could they have a language?? Her immediate instinct was to ask these questions, but she bit her tongue and offered a baffled "Oh," instead. For all she knew, this was some sort of spin on the global concept of "religion," and she knew that it often wasn't best for her to challenge those that wanted to believe in nonsensical things with logic. Fair enough. At the very least, Lith wouldn't have to worry about divulging any great secrets--Matrix could hardly comprehend them, much less remember them.
"Well, I always thought it was neat when others could speak more than one language," she offered. "I can recognise some and choke out a few key phrases in others, but that's about it." Linguistics were something that had always interested her, but she didn't figure she had the time to study them properly. That being the case, any investment was likely to go to waste, so she decided not to bother at all. "I know that language itself can change perception, though," she babbled on. "My father spoke a few very old dialects, and he said in some they don't even distinguish between blue and green--there's only one word for either of the two. Strange, don't you think?" Ah, the musings of the hazy-minded could go on for hours, and perhaps they would. Maybe it would bring them closer, too. It was a distant sort of bond that formed amongst fellow users--sometimes, Matrix simply believed she couldn't fit in anywhere else. For now, the hybrid was content to wonder if they might become friends, strange elvish ideas or not.
[/html]

Messages In This Thread