before the truth goes back into hiding -j-
Stockholm calmly surveyed the landscape until a dark wolfess' form entered her line of vision. Her heart pounded in her chest as quickly as a running rabbit, but she did her best to keep her hold over her composure. She noticed the strength of the raven femme's stance and adjusted her posture accordingly, her tail lowering and ears flicking back tightly against her skull. Perhaps she was overdoing it just slightly, but the knowledge ingrained in her genetics demanded such behavior. The sudden adrenaline surge left her knees buckling, but she called on her discipline and stood firm upon the ground. She would not make a spectacle of herself, not now, not after everything she'd strived for.

She smiled, slightly uncertain, wishing to be sure of something within the next space of heartbeats, but the raven wolfess' friendly smile put her mind to ease. She returned that smile - although hers was watered down, much more somber and somewhat unsure. She wanted to make a good first impression on this femme - it might be the only chance she had. And the wolfess seemed kind, strong, sure of herself. She waited for the dark femme to speak first, reasoning that she was the intruder upon the territory and that she would answer whatever questions she could, or at least listen to the dark wolfess to see if she was unwanted here.

Stockholm's smile wilted around the edges as she unconscious shifted her weight from one side to the other, trying not to fidget too much under the femme's scrutiny. She was also quite surprised. She heard a tone of concern from the dark femme - something she had not expected from a stranger. She gulped, trying to shake her sense of self consciousness.

"I am all right now," she said slowly. "My condition is no longer dangerous, so much at it is troublesome. I apologize for the scent clinging to me - I've tried to wash it away." She took a deep breath, continuing, "I sought your borders in the hopes that membership might be open to a pack."

Messages In This Thread