before the truth goes back into hiding -j-
Stockholm swallowed a sigh of relief and let her slightly trembling body sink to the ground in a sitting position. She waited for the raven wolfess to first relax her position, taking her cues from her clear dominant. She turned up the wattage of her smile. This time it was a completely genuine smile and she hoped it conveyed how grateful she was to Savina. Perhaps this wasn't quite the procedure she had been expecting - but heck, she hadn't really come in knowing what to expect anyway. Her only tactic was to be honest, open, and frank - to be herself and see how far that would get her. But she had no expected to encounter such friendliness. It warmed her heart to the core and doubled her determination to put her best foot forward.

"Thank you, Ms. Marino," the gray wolfess said, unsure of whether or not she should address her as "Lieutenant General." It was a little bit of a mouthful, and calling her the second banana didn't seem to be part of the protocol either. She clamped down her strange errant thoughts and looked thoughtfully at Savina. "My name is Stockholm. Geneva Stockholm." Her question really hit home - hit a place she didn't think she was ready to go yet. But she realized that it was completely necessary and the knowledge from her answers of the questions would ensure the safety of the pack. She understood and respected this - swallowing the bittersweet lump, speaking around her heart as it suddenly jumped into her throat.

"I was..." Stockholm swallowed then spoke more firmly. "I was carrying my first litter of pups two weeks ago, but my pregnancy was terminated, something had gone wrong. It was too early for any of them...to survive, to breathe. Not one of them moved and they were so small." She took a deep breath and spoke again. "It was hard at first, to do anything. To move, to go anywhere, but I couldn't stay..." She spoke solemnly, her voice low, "I wanted my family. I wanted to hold someone, to help them to grow. And I came here because, after everything, that's still what I want."

Messages In This Thread