before the truth goes back into hiding -j-
[html]
Mind if I join in on the fun? And welcome to 'Souls!

Today there was only one with her, which was a rarity. Usually where one went, all went. Naniko looked back over her shoulder to small Brooklyn to make sure that she was keeping up all right, then turned her head back toward the path in front of them. She had thought that it might be a good idea to show the children the border before they started exploring on their own, to explain the dangers of unknown wolves and how important it was that they stay in Crimson Dreams as much as they could.

But only Brooklyn had wanted to go--Salem, Haven, Mati, and Odebeh were still at home in the cave, sleeping with Anu. Mati had shown a little interest before she'd gone down for her nap, but Naniko knew better than to take both Brooklyn and Mati at the same time without any backup. She was shifted, standing on two legs, but that didn't really help a whole lot. It just meant farther for her to have to reach to separate them. They seemed to be the troublemakers out of the five pups. Nani turned her head when she saw movement to the side, Brooklyn running past her up the hill. When the pup reached the top she began to wag her small tail--she could see other wolves out there! She knew Savina, yes, but who was with her? She gave a bark, then looked back toward her mother.

The Commander reached the top of the hill after a few seconds. Ah...a newcomer? Or maybe someone who wanted to pass through. Either way, it looked like a good lesson to her. The white pair made their way down the incline toward where Savina stood, Naniko stopping when they got a few feet away. The Lieutenant General wasn't in a defensive stance, a visual cue that all was well...so she wasn't too worried. Brooklyn, excited to see Savina again, went immediately to the dark wolf's side, looking up at the General with wide, curious blue eyes. "Saaavvvvvyyy! Mom said I cud come here! wiff her tuday! Wat is you doing?"

Naniko turned toward Stockholm, giving her a nod of apology. "I'm Naniko D'angelo...and this is Brooklyn. If you don't mind our company..." She looked toward the pup, who turned to look back at her. "We're interrupting, Brook. Let's be quiet and watch and listen."

[/html]

Messages In This Thread