before the truth goes back into hiding -j-
Hiiii! Smile

"I've never really been called Geneva by too many, I guess my surname's more familiar to me," Stockholm said, giving a completely ambiguous answer she realized. "I prefer my surname, but please feel free to call me by either name," she finished with an apologetic smile. Speaking clearly and articulating her thoughts? Not really her strong suit these days. There had been a time when she had been able to articulate herself quite well - but these days her brain was so scattered about, she often didn't think twice about what she'd say first. She spoke from her heart mostly these days, no reservations or filters. She wore her heart on her sleeve and she partly hated it, but at the same time it made it so much easier to be honest.

As Savina expressed her sympathies, Stockholm was once again moved and startled by the compassion of a virtual stranger. It all seemed surreal to her, but she automatically trusted the sincerity of the dark femme. "Thank you," she whispered, almost inaudibly, her head bowing in respect for this raven female who seemed so kind. She had uttered her thanks for the femme's understanding, for her compassion. She was just thankful that there were still creatures who existed like this at all - who were just intrinsically good, as Stockholm felt Savina was. It was a beautiful thing.

The gray female's ears flicked forward when she heard a barrage of movement, and she glanced curiously around Savina's form just in time to see a small white child barreling toward her. Stockholm was surprised at first, and it showed plainly on her face. But her expression quickly relaxed into a smile. It struck a chord to see a pup so close, but she did not resonate with sadness. She shook her head mutely when Savina cringed. It did not bother her to see Brooklyn, in fact it warmed her heart to see the child's exuberance and curiosity.

She waited for Savina to speak, figuring it would be better for her not to speak out of turn. After the Lt. General introduced her, she nodded to the white pair. "Ms. D'Angelo, Brooklyn," she directed a warm smile their way, acknowledging them and trying to convey that she was quite happy to meet them both. She was relieved to see that Savina seemed at ease. With a youth around, pack wolves might have been uneasy with a stranger - not that she'd blame them. And she certainly would never hurt a child of any kind. But their reactions to her presence told Stockholm two things: that they were secure in their power base and their abilities to allow a youth to the borders and that they wished to educated Brooklyn. Stockholm certainly approved of both qualities.

She returned her lime green gaze to Savina and smiled once more, before answering her questions. "I am able to read and write rather well," she said, continuing thoughtfully. "I guess you could say that I was trained to be an aide-de-camp. My literacy was important to my training. I was taught to observe, to learn, and to record. I am able to track my position against the stars and I know the constellations and their stories. I don't know how useful that would be."

Messages In This Thread