before the truth goes back into hiding -j-
Nonsense, both of you! I enjoy reading your posts very much -stalkstalklurklurk your postlogs- >)

The gray wolfess' tail wagged slightly, brushing the foliage on the ground, the sound whispery like her breathing. Stockholm had never been overtly emotional or prone to showing her feelings in such a physical way, but at that moment she could not stop herself and did not care to. She found it hard to believe that within the space of a few heartbeats, she went from being alone to being part of a family. It was almost more than she could take, really. Her heart felt like it would burst from her chest and ascend into the stars. How often was it that a sense of purpose and a dream would return to her all in the same day?

She regarded Naniko somberly when she spoke of those who would come and go. "I know it wouldn't be possible or honest to promise you forever," she said. "But I give you my word that for as long as this pack, this family exists, my allegiance, my heart, my soul, and my body will belong to it - whether from within or without. This I vow." She uttered those words with gravity, purpose, reverence - for Stockholm was a creature who did not give her word lightly. She did not go on to explain that she would never take without giving back - that she felt it would be wrong to do. To say it might make pretty words, but she knew that actions would convey those better than any declarations of beliefs.

Some of the seriousness melted from her as she addressed the young white pup and Savina. "I would very much like that, Savina, if you have the time. Brooklyn would be a welcome addition." She looked at Brooklyn and spoke to her. "I bet you could teach me a lot about this place, huh Brooklyn?" the gray wolfess said with a smile. "I would be very grateful if you could show me the lake - as long as you believe it would be a safe place for Brooklyn to go too."

Blah blah crap. Sorry guys.

Messages In This Thread