the end of the line
[html]

mall-lowercase; font-size:8pt;">ooc;

short, but I had no muse. D:

mall-lowercase; font-size:8pt;">ic;

Misery resumed its work once again, corroding his spirit. The unhappiness of causing such distress for other people and himself chipped away at whatever little optimism he still had, not that there was much left anyways. Too absorbed in his own troubles and the methodical and monotonous task of eating the scrawny thing he’d managed to catch, he didn’t notice the wolf approaching until she called out. Startled, his head jerked up and he replied on instinct. ”I guess not….but it seems fitting somehow don’t you think?” Corsair blinked in surprise at the sound of his own voice speaking in normal tones and at the fact that he even answered at all. His voice was still soft and lilting, despite the fact that he was speaking normally, but he’d almost forgotten what he sounded like this loud. The loneliness had been unbearable from the beginning and so he’d grown into the habit of talking to himself, but he never really spoke in the sense of the word, only muttered and whispered nonsensical musings, usually of the negative sort. Corsair finally realized that he was still standing there, in the company of another wolf, which just served to increase his unhappiness. She was that one wolf, the one with Death’s colors…only she was standing this time.

A Luperci? He hadn’t expected that. From where he came from, there weren’t many Luperci around. Was she a leader of some sort? Corsair didn’t know why he was having these thoughts and that thought itself only served to confuse him. Dull golden eyes lifted up to meet the bright crimson ones, the contrast between the two startling. It wasn’t the colors, it was just the amount of spirit and energy that the gazes contained. Even Corsair could see the difference and he felt almost regretful for a moment or two. Normally, he would simply run away from this kind of situation, but for some reason, he felt obligated to explain his case to her. After all, she’d gotten temperamental before when he hadn’t explained properly. Although a repeat of that could be avoided if he left, Corsair felt as if the situation would be left unresolved if he didn’t offer up some sort of information, but he’d leave right after this. ”I should probably leave soon. I’m cursed…so you shouldn’t come near me. I’m sorry, but I bring bad luck even if I don’t want to……” The pure misery on his face served as evidence to his sincerity about the matter and how much he’d grown to believe it. The day was overcast….a gloomy grey with the occasionally chilly breeze that wove it’s way through his fur.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread