I can tell that we are gonna be friends
[html]

“Human city, huh? Well, ya wouldn’t have to fly too far. We have one of them ‘round here. A ways to the east from here, but maybe one day you’ll go.” Maybe one day, if Naniko didn’t mind and Haven was a bit older, Leland would take the pup. Leland enjoyed exploring the ruins of the city, figuring out what the strange artifacts had been used for, and he enjoyed Haven’s company, which would only grow richer as the child developed more knowledge of the world and more social skills, so long as he stayed his cheerful, jovial self. Haven much reminded Leland of his he had been as a pup, curious and inquisitive, imaginative and resourceful, full of answers for the questions life threw at him. And of course part of Leland had never grown up, part of him would always believe in dragons.

“Well, you know, the world is so big, how could there not be dragons, somewhere? But I dun think there are any ‘round here, ‘least I’ve never seen them.” Yet he had always heard stories about them, and had enjoyed the stories, though some had scared him as a child. Fire breathing monsters, which had been the description of some dragons. Other, however were magical creatures, of as his mother had said, mythical. Wise, old beast that only showed themselves in times of great need. There seemed to be a lot of creatures like that, and secretly Leland aspired to be like the creatures in the fairy tales his mother told him. In all seriousness Leland tilted his head, narrowed his eyes and spoke to the child. “What about unicorns?”

[/html]

Messages In This Thread