I can tell that we are gonna be friends
[html]

Leland nodded at Haven’s wide eyed question, he had seen the human city, Halifax. “Yes sir, I’ve been there. It’s quite large, I didn’t have time to see everything, but I’ll go back someday. Mayhaps you an’ I can go together.” Leland was becoming more and more accustomed to the human artifacts. On his first trip to Halifax he had felt like an intruder, the human world was one he had not dabbled in much before. Now he spent more and more time in his shifted form, the form that mimicked the human’s two legged bodies. The red hued husky was making use of his opposable thumbs and finding that the human world was not so mysteriously, rather that many of the objects they had left behind were quite useful or enjoyable.

Ears perked up and Leland tilted his head curiously at the child. What was a unicorn? Leland found it strange the pup knew what a dragon was but not a unicorn, all those mythological beasts went hand in hand in the dog’s mind. Yet Haven said he had played pretend as dragons with his mother, so perhaps she told him of dragons and not of unicorns. “Well, ya know what a horse is? A unicorn is like a horse only with a big ol’ horn growing out of it’s forehead. They can cure sickness too, if you believe in that stuff. Folks say they are only white, but I bet they can be black er brown er any color really.” Leland looked seriously at the boy for a moment, considering his education. Had his mother told him about other important creatures? If not, Leland was happy to fill in the gaps. “What about a phoenix, you know what a phoenix is?”

[/html]

Messages In This Thread