Memories of the past
[html]

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c13/v ... blemew.jpg);background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:bottom;">
ans serif;font-size:11px;line-height:11px; color:#0f2034; padding:4px; margin-bottom:120px; text-align:justify;">The Phosphagos Foothills
I'm powerplaying a little, if this doesn't fit then just yell at me and I'll change it, but it's roughly what I remember from our late-night plot chat. Oh and Ceres' grave is the same place as Kiriska's grave, right? Tongue
word count: 576

The descent from the mountain ridge was strenuous, although the climb earlier had been worse. The trip the two had set out on had exhausted Mew further than she thought it would, although she sighed in a satisfied manner when she stopped for a second, looking at the view and reminding herself there was mostly flat ground home. Where they were they could see more of the foothills further down, Inferni's areas to the north-west, the large woods where she had met Lubomir for the last time so long ago - the Dampwoods was its name apparently - and the coastline stretching ahead south-west. A magnificent view. They would take the route along the coast back as they had followed it when they started their journey; Mew feared the coyotes and what an encounter might cause her to do, and Inferni was still not a fantastically hospitable place to visit. Just the idea of it sent a horripilation down Mew's spine, and she pushed the thought away. The trip home would be great, following the ocean for some time; Mew couldn't imagine anything more satisfying as an end to their trip.

A good, long walk did well for one's body, and this walk had been more than long enough. The Tilia was tired, but happy. Although, the happiness was dulled. Cer had said little to nothing since they arrived at Ceres' and Kiriska's grave, and the journey home to the new packlands had been a silent one. Half the journey Mew had felt as if this had only been valuable for herself, although Cer had seemed to like the idea initially. In one way, the emerald-eyed femme was happy that they had gone, as it only let them know each other better, but on the other hand she felt as if she was invading something Cer was not prepared for her to invade. The last thing she wanted to do would be to push her nose into the privacy of her pack leader, especially since her tiny demotion. She had let it pass silently, noticing how Firefly popped right up above her, and despite her great annoyance at this she had said nothing against it. Cer had her reasons to demote her, and if she felt that this was right, then it probably was. Mew would not question her leader, because she had complete faith in her. Perhaps it was some political game that Haku played, to get his plaything higher up amongst them so she too could do foolish things in the name of their pack. Or perhaps she had whined herself to the rank. It didn't really matter, but all in all Mew wanted to know what went on in Cer's head. In terms of what they'd just seen and done, Mew assumed she might be able to cast light onto anything that Cer felt was clouded, and not revealing this, or at least offering it to her, would be wrong. Thus, as they stood there, Mew absently gazing out at the horizon, she spoke to Cer, although kept her eyes fixed along the line where - far out - the ocean met the sky. Some found eye contact as an invading action, and as she was about to lead the nonexistent conversation onto a potentionally touchy subject she didn't want to overdo. You're awfully silent, Cer.. She was fishing, but hopefully it would lead to something. Mew didn't want them to be awkward.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread