Memories of the past
[html]

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c13/v ... ablebg.jpg);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:top;">

Mew Sadira

I am *so*rambling. Sorry xD I've even edited it to make it shorter! O_O
Oh and shiny new table, you have to say it's pretty \o/
Word count: 676

Cer did not keep herself from her fellow pack member, and it warmed the Tilia to know that her leader was not as cold as Mew could be herself sometimes. More than often Mew'd just retreat to silence, and stay there, not revealing anything - not with her face or body, and not with words. In a lot of situations she had simply shut down until the encounter was over and she could leave; it was safer that way. So many things went on in her head, and she trusted only a very few to look into them. Some of those things would never be revealed to anyone if she could help it. Lately, one such issue that crawled into her brain when she was alone reminded her all too much of the cause of her quarrel with Haku; a lurking craziness. Her thoughts would sometimes become so dark she did not know herself anymore. But this was a secret that no one would ever know, as long as she was able to keep it at bay. And she would be able to, because she had to, for the sake of her pride, and everyone's safety.

Cer did not reveal much, perhaps, but she still opened up to break the silence - which was better than nothing. Mew waited after the initial answer, gaze still directed out to the horizon, and surely enough, there came more. I am just trying to feel something. That was why Mew had wanted to go in the first place. It wasn't nostalgia as much as a simple search for emotion. A search to check if nostalgia was even there. She had had more shitty times in Clouded Tears than she had had happy times. Some of the motive to go had been curiosity as well; when she had retrieved her things from the hollow tree trunk upon return to the packlands, she saw the destruction the fire had brought with it. Quite some time had passed since then, and Mew had been hoping to see some life sprouting here and there, despite winter taking over very soon. That had been a disappointment, however. There was no life there still, hardly anything living at all. Everything would have to build itself up again from scratch. Like she had done, really. She was a poor builder, though.

I know what you mean.. She had loved Clouded Tears for its beauty, but not for its inhabitants or the good memories she had had there. She had not known Ceres much either, but her grave had become somewhat of a point of collection in her thoughts; like a reference point for all of her memories, good or bad, the centre of Clouded Tears. She had been the heart, and even though Mew had not felt it as strongly as her mother's generation, it was still natural to think of her that way. I never knew her much... I remember one time, though, I was chasing Haku around, when we were pups, and I accidentally ran headfirst into her. Never been more embarrassed, because she frightened me so much. Probably because all the adults thought so highly of her. Mew chuckled as she spoke of the incident, although that was one of the few things the femme could remember about her grandmother. She remembered when Ceres died, though, and how everyone, her mother included, had reacted. She had seemed like such an exalted being, and Mew was proud of her heritage and how her looks resembled her in some way, despite her limited knowledge of her grandmother. Haku, for example, did not have the Sadira looks. Mew and Cer did. Cer even had the eyes, though Mew had picked up some random color from way behind in the gene pool somewhere. Those green eyes now turned to look at Cer, and Mew thought about how random it was that they looked so alike though their places in the family tree were in rather odd places for them to do so, while waiting for a response.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread