Memories of the past
[html]

It is beautiful! And no worries on the rambling! I’m sorry I only have crap to post.

Cercelee was grateful to hear Mew’s words. Although the female felt more for Clouded Tears that Cer herself did, it was not the center of her life, as it seemed to have been for some others. Although Mew had known their grandmother in the flesh, she did not seem to hold her in as high esteem as some of their other relatives did. Mew did not revere the female as some sort of goddess, the matriarch of their family, a entity that still was felt as a tangible presence in their lives. Instead, she was just the female that had, to some, been a figure head, and one Mew had not gotten to know very well. Yet Mew’s words did not only comfort Cercelee because they reflected to some extent how Cer felt about the female, but they gave her an opening, one she took readily.

“Why though? Why did the adults think so highly of her? What had she done that was so great? Why do so many relatives of ours mention her to me when they see my fur? My eyes? Like it matters? I’m not her, I never will be, and I don’t even care to share my appearance with a ghost. Why can’t they forget her?” Cercelee felt a surge of relief at her words, for normally on the subject of Ceres Sadira, she held her tongue. Although she had spoken her dislike at hearing the comments about such striking similarities between her and her dead grandmother, never had she been so passionate. Never questioned so freely the entity that sometimes seemed to preside over the lives of so many of the living. Perhaps it was not even that, that made the other refuse to forget her, perhaps it was only that she had created such a legacy, her children had gone on to spawn their own children, and still the line was continuing. Perhaps now, with so many individuals in the Sadira family, it was never cease. Still, one day, there would be none alive who had known the female in the flesh, but would her name persist?

Shaking her head, Cercelee smiled sheepishly at the older female. Perhaps she had spoken too much, perhaps Mew would be offended in some manner, but that was not Mew’s way. She may disagree, but she probably wouldn’t hold Cercelee’s opinion against her. Still, although the relief at having said what lurked beneath the surface so long was divine to the alabaster female, she felt as if perhaps she had spoken too much, too forcibly, and she doubted that Mew would have clear cut answers for her anyway. Perhaps they were just not meant to know.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread