Memories of the past
[html]

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c13/v ... ablebg.jpg);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:top;">
Mew Sadira

I can't find any inspiration :/ crappy post,but about time...
Word count: 541

While it was strange that her father had chosen a mate that looked like his mother, it also made great sense if he had loved her dearly. Somehow, Mew could often see things that were the same between parent and child's mate, but no one would ever admit it. And some did not even know, as they did not know their second parent, perhaps, or even just one of them. Mew did not know her father, and had grown up alone. But perhaps the qualities she sought in a mate would be qualities that were prominent in her father? She wouldn't know. She knew her family's names and faces, but knew only very few well enough to be able to say that she knew them. Haku and Cer were among them. And her mother. Once she had thought she knew Melisande, but Melis had proved to take after her mother, and disappeared. Different parts of the parents shone stronger in different children. And Cer's appearance, it seemed, overshone the rest of her in her father's eyes. And in her own, as an effect. Obviously, all of this had not been easy on her litter and parents either.

Her leader voiced the nae of someone she did not wish to hear about, and she let it pass without comment. Laruku was something rather odd on their family reputation. While there were those who revered him like they had revered Ceres, he was really nothing but a lost kid who Colibri had so stupidly given in to, and taken care of. And thus he was Mew's "adoptive" brother in some sort. apparently there had been memory losses along the line and Mew didn't know the full story anymore, but it didn't change the fact that it was wrong. She was glad she had not known him when he was present in Clouded Tears - otherwise her childhood might have been tainted. It was good for everyone that the influence from him on the Sadira family was (hopefully) dying out.

So.. it was because it was too painful for him? Or simply an embarrassment? Or did he somehow hold a grudge against us? Us. It would be us. Despite not knowing her family, she was gladly a part of it and would correct anyone should they not put her under the Sadira umbrella. It was where she belonged, despite the weird members in the club. All of this drama and Mew had never known, had grown up on her own completely unaware of the social structure and movements around her. They had been shifts that did not mean anything to her as she ran about chasing butterflies in a quite dull and solitary existance. And when she had finally reached the point where she could care, she had tossed everything behind and left. Now she was here, all of her knowledge still intact, but all of the details blurred. And Cer was just one of those people who had had their details created in Mew's absence. I don't know any of us either, you know. I know faces and names and family trees, but I only really know Colibri, you and Haku. Everything else was too big for me when I was a kid.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread