Memories of the past
[html]

Cercelee paused and considered all the options Mew had given Cer. Too painful, an embarrassment, a grudge? The truth eluded her, she knew that her presence was too painful for her father, but what he had held against the Sadira clan in the first place Cercelee did not know. Why they had been kept a secret, why he had left them in the first place, it was all a mystery to her. Cercelee could only hypothesize, one would have to ask Adrastos themselves to know for sure, and as it was Cercelee wasn’t sure he even lived any longer. “I don’t think he held a grudge against anyone, but I’m not sure he had any strong feelings for the clan either.” His father had been close to him, she had learned that later, and his mother, and with both dead perhaps Adrastos had no reason to stick to the old lands, the old customs, the old family.

Four legs padded along in silence, Cer digesting the conversation between herself and Mew. Would Cercelee have stayed in Clouded Tears had it not burnt to the ground? It was hard to say, she was so happy now with Dahlia de Mai it was hard to imagine her life as otherwise, as if she had been fated to the new pack. “I think that perhaps there is a difference between choosing to be part of something or being thrown into it. I was thrown into a world that wasn’t what I was use to, maybe that’s why I still can’t fully accept it. Had I been born there, it might have been different. Maybe Adrastos felt thrown in too.” Cercelee remembered that feeling, not being able to breathe, suffocating. Perhaps her father had been drowning in his own family’s blood.

“I’ve chosen Dahlia, and I hope everyone who resides there has too. I don’t want anyone in our pack to feel as if they’ve been thrown in. I don’t want to force family or friendship on anyone.”

[/html]

Messages In This Thread