and i've been waiting for the sun
[html]
Thanks! Big Grin

The sudden bit of English had come as almost as much of a surprise to Beppe as the other wolf's presence had, and he had to pause a moment to shift gears. He could understand the language alright, but speaking it was a whole other story. Struggling a bit to see the other over a ledge of snow, the pup stood up and looked up to the other wolf. The pressure that his mother's straying gaze put on him made him a little bit nervous, but he puffed out his chest a little to make himself feel better. "Hello," he started, enunciating carefully and slowly. "Excuse me. I am called Beppe. My mother is Maria." He hesitated and smiled almost uncomfortably, ice crystals beginning to form in the tufts of hair between his paws. Here was where he was forced to make an executive decision. Did they need anything? Beppe didn't even know what that meant. He supposed that they needed food, and water, but so far they had been doing well on that front. His eyes hovered to the left for a second but he brought them back to the snow in front of him to say, "Excuse me, I will ask."

"Vuole conoscere se abbiamo bisogno di qualcosa." He looked to his mother, hoping she would reply quickly. He felt awkward here in the presence of an English speaking stranger, having to be the one to negotiate. Surely the little Italian wolf was wasting the other's time.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread