nevermind the sunshine - p haven
Today's one of those days where I have to force every single word to come out of my brain. The worst part is that it isn't so much that I have writer's block. I'm just so happy I can't keep two thoughts in my head at once! So I have no idea where this posting is going. Ramble warning Big Grin

It seemed to Geneva that the young pup seemed to have a great sense of justice and fairness. He seemed to be the kind of pup that would grow into a wolf with a strict moral code, like a knight from a bygone era. Geneva decided to like the young pup instantly. It was odd to develop fondness so quickly. Usually she was the kind of wolf to approach each situation with caution, analyzing every angle before she made any sort of opinion. She knew that things were hardly ever what they seemed on the surface. But with puppies, it seemed as though their every emotion played across their faces. Or at least she hoped that was true. She just couldn't conceive of Haven hiding anything yet. He seemed far too innocent, as if the thought would never cross his mind.

She felt as though she had exposed some small part of herself to him. No one had called her Gennie since...but she shook the thought from her mind. True, the name had once been embarrassing to her, but also endearing when a voice from the past whispered it in her ear. It was time to hear it again. It was time to let go of the past and strike forward toward the future, however uncertain it might be. Geneva had learned that the only thing she could ever been certain of was herself.

"That is a lot like how a map works!" Geneva said, very impressed by Haven's grasp on analogy. "I don't have a very good nose," she said. "I could never smell things very well unless they were close to me. I had to learn other ways to find things and learn about them. That's when I learned to draw and use maps." The gray femme smiled and shook her head. "Yes, the mansion does belong to you. But it also belongs to everyone else too. It is like a big part of our home," she said. "I was named after the city where my father came from. He named me Geneva because he loved the city, just as your mother must have named you after this mansion, because she loves it and you so much," she tried to explain.

Messages In This Thread