nevermind the sunshine - p haven
"I would be happy to show you have to use a map either way," the Optime said, leaning forward and resting her forearms on her knees. "But I don't think you'll have to worry about your nose. I'm sure you'll be very good at using it." In truth, there had been an accident when she had been born. As the runt, she had been born last, and still it had been a few weeks early. Geneva had been unable to breathe when she had first entered this world. Her father had had to beat life into her within her first few seconds after her birth. Her father had always attributed her lack of smell to that incident, as her other siblings had grown up hale and healthy with all their senses intact.

"Well, a city is a very large place," the gray femme began, trying to think of the best way to phrase her answer for the young pup. It wasn't that she thought she needed to dumb down her answers for Haven; on the contrary, the Aatte boy was very intelligent especially for a wolf his age. Geneva just wanted to be sure that she wouldn't confuse him. "A city is made of a lot of buildings. Some bigger than this mansion! Much taller, and made of glass," she said. "A city usually doesn't have very many trees or flowers. It is mostly concrete - a hard, dark substance like stone." Geneva hoped that this explanation made sense to the pup. She wandered if she should mention that cities were usually inhabited by many creatures - but she wasn't sure if there was even a city around here. "Does that make sense?"

Her tail wagged slightly as she interacted with the inquisitive child. Her heart was full to bursting, as she wondered if her children would have been just as bright-eyed and full of wonder. A sliver of pain eclipsed her happiness, but it was so small compared to the contentment she knew right now. She was proud to be part of a pack filled with such wonderful, kind, loving creatures. This was the home that her heart had longed for since Jordan had died. In fact, Haven reminded Geneva very much of Jordan in his youth. Especially when he asked the question about fathers. She saw her face reflected in his bright blue eyes as she chose her answer carefully. "You know how your moms are your parents?" she figured this might be a delicate subject, sometime in the future. "A father is almost the same as a mother, they love you very much and take care of you. The difference is that a father is male and a mother is female. I didn't have a mother, or mothers," she said, adding the plural to include his situation. "I had only one father instead. There are many different ways to make up a family, you know. You know how you have two sisters? I have three! she hoped he'd understand.

Messages In This Thread