nevermind the sunshine - p haven
[html]
"I think you'll find as you grow older that anywhere can be home, as long as you have creatures you love there or if you love the place well enough," Geneva said, hoping that she answered his question well enough. She did not want to give him any misinformation. She was certain some wolves and other creatures lived in cities, she had actually met a few who did. But she wasn't certain about the creatures who lived in Bleeding Souls. "I don't think I'd like to live in a city either. I like it here much better, too," she said, smiling.

Geneva held her breath as she watched Haven turn the concept of a father about in his head. She hoped he would draw the right conclusions so that she wouldn't have to find a better way to explain. But once again, the pup proved to be a very bright child. Geneva nodded both her assent and approval of his definition. He seemed to be quite emotionally mature for a puppy.

She smiled at him and stroked his head when he expressed his sympathy wordlessly. "My father was such a good parent that I didn't feel like I was missing anything," she said. She thought back to her childhood, a brief but pleasant period in her life. Geneva had had to mature quickly, but she never considered that a loss. "I didn't have any brothers. My three sisters are Alethia, Morgana, and Ariana. They were all quite a bit bigger than me, but my sister Ari kept me company and was my best friend. I think very much like you and Mati."

She internally kicked herself as she heard his stomach rumble audibly. Hadn't he been in the kitchen, looking for food in the first place? "Of course, Haven, I'd be more than happy to share with you." She stood from her sitting position, stretching her back and arms in the air as she stood on two legs. She had been sitting for a while. The stone hued femme walked over to the kitchen, pulling the heavy door wide so Haven wouldn't have to struggle with opening it. She opened a cabinet and pulled out what she had hunted up this morning - two field mice and a medium sized rabbit. Small as she was and still a bit weak, it was hard for her to pull down game any larger than this. But she smiled and pulled out a plate, settling it on the ground with the food. "Maybe we can go hunting for mice after this," she said.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread