a turn for the better - p anu
[html]
"I would be very proud if he were my son," Geneva said softly, wistfully, feeling a pang of longing in her chest. There was the smallest note of sadness in her tone. Before arriving at the border lands of Crimson Dreams speckled with blood from her miscarriage, the stone hued femme had lost her own litter. She wondered for a moment what her own children would have been like. Would her daughter have been fiery as Brooklyn, or soft and sweet like Mati? Would her sons have been intelligent and considerate like Haven? The knowledge that she would never know created a dull ache in her chest as she watched Mati scurry along in the grass.

But the sadness that passed over her face was quickly washed away to reveal a soft smile as she observed the earth-toned pup concentrating on what had to be a tiny creature. The simple joy which fueled the puppies in Crimson Dreams warmed the cockles of her heart and she found it impossible to stay sad for very long whenever they were around.

She turned her gaze back to Anu, feeling relieved that this wolfess was so kind and surprisingly easy to talk to. She nodded and picked up where the conversation had left off. "I did find an empty room upstairs that I've made my own. Although I love the mansion as a whole. There are so many interesting things to see. I think the most interesting part of the mansion I've been in so far is the kitchen," she said. "I tried my hand at cooking...which was nothing short of a disaster," she said, laughter crinkling her lime-green eyes. But after a moment she sobered. "Excuse me, I don't usually launch off on tangents." She was usually far more reserved, but Anu made opening up so easy that she caught herself before thinking twice. "You're very easy to talk to," she said with an apologetic smile.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread