a turn for the better - p anu
[html]
"I rather like it," Geneva said, thinking of the large, beautiful brick structure she had come to think of as home. "I've been inside of manmade dwellings before, but never one so grand and well preserved as Haven Mansion. Not one constructed like the mansion anyway. Truth be told, my favorite part of the mansion is that it has doors." The wolfess loved the outdoors as much as any other creature born of nature, but she liked having a place to hide herself away from everything. The mansion provided this unique comfort for her, a luxury she had never really experienced or expected before. Although she was somewhat solitary, she welcomed company when it came along. But there were some moments that she felt she couldn't share with anyone. Some moments were so intense for her, especially in the last few weeks. She was an even-headed wolfess by nature, but in the last few months her experiences had led to violent, vivid torrents of emotion, something she was not used to at all. When she didn't feel as though she was at an even keel, she hid herself away. Although she tried to hide it, Geneva was very self-conscious.

She couldn't help laughing as Mati leapt between the pair of adults before she pranced away without saying a word or looking at either of them. Perhaps she was reminding them that she was there, or looking for playmates. But as she made an exit just abrupt as her exit, she didn't say a word. Geneva just shrugged her shoulders and chocked it up to some sort of puppy overexuberance. She shot Anu a questioning look, but the pup's mother did not seem overly concerned. The minds of puppies at play certainly had to be the eighth wonder of the world.

"I grew up in a large city, empty of anyone but my father and sisters, and other creatures, although we scarcely saw any other wolves," she said. "I never saw a full grown tree until I reached adolescence. I didn't know what a cave was, except from descriptions in pictures and words from books. We weren't far away from nature - it just never occurred to me to venture far from my home, and when I did, I often became ill. I was quite the opposite of my sisters who left the little house where we were born as soon as they could wobble away." She smiled fondly at the memories. "My father took my sisters and I closer to nature in upstate New York when we were a few months older than your brood. And I stayed there until very recently, although I stayed farther inland with my mate. I've never seen the ocean, although I've dreamed of it before. What about you?"

[/html]

Messages In This Thread