a turn for the better - p anu
[html]
You do NOT. My dear, let me school you in the arts of craposity right now. Exhibit a: this post. Big Grin

Geneva swallowed hard, a lump rising in her throat as Anu's clear blue eyes found her face. She turned away, her tail lowering and ears flicking back. Her shoulders turned in toward her body as she hunched into herself, trying to make herself as small as possible. Her eyes flickered to Mati, then fell to her feet. She didn't want to look back at the wolfess, to see pity, compassion, condescending or anything in her eyes.

She felt as though she had said too much, like she had ripped a scab from a battle wound and poured salt into it. The logical part of Geneva argued that Anu had done nothing to warrant this reaction, but the wolfess didn't feel logical today. She felt as though she didn't deserve her kindness. She felt as though she should never said exposed any personal part of her. She had wanted to lock the past up so tightly and forget it, but it had slipped through the cracks of her now fragile defenses.

She felt as though she couldn't breathe suddenly, and sucked in a large breath of oxygen, choking on it. "I, I have to go," she said suddenly, rising and squeezing around Anu and avoiding Mati's path all together. She spared Anu one quick glance as she said, "Goodbye Mati, Anu. Maybe we can talk...l-later." Her voice shook and she hated it, as she retreated across the valley, toward the shadow of Haven Mansion, where she'd lock herself into the prison of her thoughts once more.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread