tomorrow, tomorrow
Iskata laughed happily at the words of the woman as she began to make plans for their family to meet coming the warming months. The silver and gold lady could almost see the puppies trying to figure out who was who and just what new games they could invent. Iskata couldn't help it as her tag wagged happily, the simmering flag fluttering behind her as she chuckled. "Of course! It's going to be a long winter with pups holed up by the snow.. atleast we'll have something for them to look forward to!" she was beginning to feel the excitement of the playdate they were planning without the knowledge of the young ones. Iskata hadn't even thought of pack politics as she imagined their family's combining for the first time with the coming of the lilies and daffodils shotting through the last of the snow. She'd never thought there would be anything but peace between the two packs, they were family after all.. but she was also a dreamer..

The woman had not realized that she'd made the poor lass nervious, after all she'd never had to have met the mother or father of any of her mates. Maybe she would have understood if she had but her life had been different than the lives her children had lived and times were changing. Her mother had passed on right about the time Iskata would have even been able to think of pups.. had the lady even lived to see a single grandpup from her second litter. Iskata had never taken the time to think of such things.. but they seemed to linger in her mind now. Turning to face the other she grinned, "I suspect Kansas may have been trying to act the gentleman.. is how he found out." She was rather impressed by her son for acting so grown up, yet it reminded her just the same of the letter from his father and she hoped his actions had nothing to do with trying to live up to his father's pressing demands.

The Matriarch had spend a long day with Savina's brother and she could probably understand just why she loved her brother so. She laughed as the girl suddenly turned the conversation to the new family she had, just like her brother, Iskata smiled and nodded. "I've had three litters myself, and with three siblings of my own and their blood.. we make a rather large band." She hadn't taken the time to think of just how many of them there were but she finally just shook her head and shrugged. "We're pretty good at the whole surviving thing.. for the most part." There had been those in the Sadira clan that had passed on before their times, or even within their time but as much as the whole lot of them seemed to wander so much.. there was one thing to admit.. they were fighters, each and everyone of them.

Messages In This Thread