butterflies and hurricanes.
[html]
http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g210/ ... itable.png);background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;">

He had to stop and consider Laruku's query a moment, although several answers popped into his head immediately. They'd been family once. They'd both lived lives somehow similar to one another. They'd both separated, lived alone, collected scars and enemies and altogether lived shitty lives on their own, when they might have been happy once when they were together. Jefferson couldn't exactly say that for sure, of course, as he couldn't remember a thing, but a small inkling told him things had been different once. Something told him that Laruku was the one running away, refusing to let the world in anymore because he could no longer see it. Jefferson had been similar not too long ago... and hadn't shifted far from it over time. "Good for you," he'd said. The one-eyed brute frowned and lowered his head disapprovingly.

"I'm bothering 'cause I don't have much left," he replied, tone calm but grim. He didn't know why, either, other than that something inside of him was refusing to let go. "You know more about me more than anyone else," Jefferson muttered, though he somehow felt it would be argued or denied by the blind creature nearby. He inhaled deeply and hastily released the breath, green eye meandering once more. "I'm not concerned about learning everything there is about Maluki. Just seems like maybe you'd want to learn about who he is now, instead of wallowing in your own filth of a misery for being alone all the time." He scowled. "You say you don't want to change being alone, but you were happy when you weren't."

[/html]

Messages In This Thread