butterflies and hurricanes.
[html]
http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g210/ ... itable.png);background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;">

Jefferson's heart didn't quite sink, really. He was beginning to lose interest, to lose his spirit. This creature gave him nothing to work off of, always reflecting and showing no emotion. There was clearly nothing left to the pitiful, blind mutt. "I wanted you to give it a chance," he replied, the hybrid stepping up closer a moment but again stopping in his steps. Suddenly, he wanted to move no closer. Suddenly, the bond that seemed to have been unconsciously pulling at him had loosened and fell. Nothing was drawing him close anymore.

"I think I've finally figured out the difference between you and I," he observed idly, now seating himself again on the cold, hard ground. Laruku would take anything he said in stride, and yet the brute continued to speak, continued to share his observations. It was only a matter of time when he would either break through or be left again in the dust, and he was simply waiting to see which would come first. "You've lost all your hope. I still have need to keep living." It was a new emotion, of course. Years ago, he wouldn't have cared if he might die--it was just something that he couldn't avoid. Life went on.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread