yesterday we had the world our way - p naniko
[html]

She didn't normally come out to this area of Crimson Dreams, and she wasn't sure what exactly had brought her here tonight. It was a nice place to just sit and think...and she could see a large portion of the packlands, even through the darkness. Naniko liked that fact, that she was able to see everything, but at the same time this area had its dangers; it was possible to stand on a higher ledge than another wolf and be completely unnoticed, if one wanted to be. In the daylight it might not be as bad, but in the darkness, and by herself, it did make her feel slightly vunerable.

Now that they were getting older, the pups would be able to be by themselves for longer and longer periods of time. She had tried to instill in them the dangers of certain areas, but knew at the same time that it was unlikely that they would listen. She hadn't, when she'd been younger. Naniko had hoped that she would be able to raise her pups in the same lands that she had been brought up in, the packs of Chimera and Clouded Tears, but the fires had taken all of that away. She had gone to the border to look at the lands once or twice, hoping that some parts of them might have escaped the blaze, but everything had still been as dark and burnt as ever.

There was a shift in the darkness that she was looking down into, and when she heard the voice her tail began to sweep back and forth. Someone familiar. Naniko wasn't sure how far down that ledge was from hers, but she wanted to get down to it. She began to scoot backwards over the edge, prepared to let herself fall the yard or so of air that her feet dangled in, and let go of her ledge. What she hadn't expected, though, was the other, smaller piece of rock that was jutting out from the level that she had previously sat upon. It struck her in the side as she went, and when she landed down on the ledge with Stockholm she winced. She was able to stand up, but something hurt where she had hit the rock--with each breath she could feel a hard ache on her left side.

"It was so worth it." She clutched onto her side, grinning. "Oh man, what an adventure. I should...I mean, we, if you want to...and you don't have to, you can stay here.." She finished her thought a moment later, shaking her head. "I think I broke something. Ahhh..yeah. Definitely. And I was wondering if you might walk back with me to the mansion. But, like I was said...or was trying to say...you don't have to. It's a beautiful night"

[/html]

Messages In This Thread