yesterday we had the world our way - p naniko
[html]
That'd make for a rousing game of "that's what she said" haha. Happy Thanksgiving ♥

Relief flooded the gray wolfess when Naniko confirmed that she was indeed all right. Geneva was very glad that she hadn't made her injury worse. She had no doubt that Naniko was completely capable of taking care of herself, and that she would have been fine without her aid, but she wanted to help in whatever way she could. It seemed like such a small thing after all the doors Naniko had opened for her by merely showing compassion.

Her light green eyes widened slightly after Naniko expressed her thanks. The gray wolfess was very much surprised by her words. Geneva's lime green eyes sought the Commander's jade ones. She spoke softly but firmly, her voice somewhat hushed. "Please, never think of anything between us as a transaction. There's no debt to repay here," she said. I owe you more than you could ever know, she added silently.

"From everything I've seen here..." Geneva looked away, trying to find the right words before she looked at Naniko again. "From everything I've seen, this pack is so much more than just a pack. This is a family. I will do whatever it takes to preserve this family, to help. Anything you need, that's what I'll be." The intensity of those hushed words surprised Geneva as they came off her tongue. There was a raw edge to them. She hadn't expected to be this open, to have her heart spill out her throat in those quietly serious words. But her heart had spelled out her truest intentions.

She looked to the ground, her shoulders rounding in toward her body as embarrassment flooded her. Although she was usually quite frank, she was used to being much more reserved, cool, calm. But those words had come in a warm rush of feeling, of gratitude, of a protectiveness she hadn't expected to feel. Not so soon, anyway.

Rolling her shoulders to dispel the tension, she looked back at Naniko, feeling somewhat more at ease. "But anything you're willing to teach me, I'm willing to learn. All knowledge is worth having," she said, smiling. "And I love to learn new things." Her eyes scanned the territory in all directions. She looked back to Naniko and this time her smile was rueful. "I don't know the way back to the mansion," she confessed.
[/html]

Messages In This Thread