Long Distances
[html]
<3

"Just Geneva, please," Geneva said softly. She did not want to stand on formality. She found that it often complicated situations. And when Cwfen's pale eyes peered at her warily, she wanted to make the other wolfess as comfortable as possible. She sat quietly for a while, her eyes still curiously tracing the dark wolfess. She tried not to stare openly, but Geneva's mind was like a sponge. She found this stranger completely fascinating. It wasn't everyday that she found something to pique and quench her curiosity so thoroughly.

The stone hued femme was completely at ease. She had decided to be welcoming, as the rest of her packmates had been of her when she reached these borders. True, she would keep her eyes open for any threat. But thus far, this wolfess seemed much more like a friend than a foe. In fact, Geneva thought that Cwfen might have been as curious as she was of her.

Normally, Geneva preferred to fade into the background. The spotlight was definitely not the ideal place for her to be, and she felt uncomfortable when she had the attention of any one creature for any length of time. But for some reason, she was relaxed enough to not feel the familiar tension creeping up her shoulders. Perhaps she felt more secure in herself, or perhaps it was just the Cwfen's presence wasn't demanding or judgmental.

"I've only been here for a short time," Geneva said, a wistful note in her voice. She felt as though she was born to roam these lands, to sit in the quiet of the library and the comforting scent of the flora-rich land. "Before I came here, I lived south of here. In a large, empty city with so little others. I like it here though," she said. "Where do you come from?"

[/html]

Messages In This Thread