Long Distances
[html]
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j40/k ... mfenv2.png); background-position: center center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

Congrats on your Spotlight Soul, by the way, ^=^
500+

"Just Geneva it is, then," the alto song replied. She nodded her head in compliance, considering the other female. She herself found it surprising that the one opposite her should find it appropriate to allow formalities to fall so early in their acquaintance. Yet, she did not argue with the decision. After all, while she herself did not mind such ceremony, she respected the wish of others to drop them. Some wolves were made uncomfortable by it while others simply found it tiresome, but she could not judge them for that single desire, just as she did not wish for others to judge her for that simple desire. Perhaps, however, she could gain insight on the personality of this stone-hued female.

She realized suddenly that Geneva was the first wolf that shared her origin with her. It was fascinating to discover that this wolf had originated from lands nearby. It seemed that this wolf had been alone as well... "I’ve also recently come upon this place... I hail from Caledonia—across the sea...." The white orbs seemed to grow distant with the thought of those far away lands. "But I was born--" of rape, only to be of the same fate, went the unfinished statement, but she pulled herself back, and restarted. "But I was reared in seclusion, away from the other packs. My mother was a Ordovice, and my father hailed from Korea." There was a strange mixture of emotions that registered in the mention of her father, and all of them became muddled in an indefinite mist of confusion. But she continued, barely pausing in the consideration of her sire. "But... my mother was forced to raise me between the territories of the Iceni and Catuvelauni... It’s a beautiful country there." She smiled lightly. The topography was similar here as it was there, but nature here spoke in a different language, and her gods were silent for the distance.

Cwmfen’s attention returned to Geneva, the light smile playing across her maw as light plays across the water. The white orbs watched the other curiously; she felt comfortable in the company of the other, and she was suddenly glad that she had stopped to converse with the female of Crimson Dreams—or had it been the other way around? She supposed that it didn’t matter so much how it was, as long as it was. "Is Crimson Dreams different from where you come from? – The land, I mean." She new that places could appear differently—or feel differently—than others, regardless of distance. Even Dahlia de Mai felt differently than the surrounding territories, but the difference was scarcely noticeable at times. She wondered if the lands of Geneva’s birth were different in anyway, if she observed the world as Cwmfen did. Perception was an arbitrary entity.

"What made you come here...?" The musical alto took on a shy tone; she hoped that she wasn’t treading on tender ground. She knew that her own reason of coming to these lands was a touchy thing still, and that she might not be able to say if she herself had been asked the question. But she was curious, and curiosity did indeed push even the timid to pursue things that would have otherwise been left alone.

"..."

[/html]

Messages In This Thread