Long Distances
[html]
Thanks! Now its my turn to apologize for the wait! Sorry love.

"Crimson Dreams is unlike any place I've ever been," the wolfess said, peering into the other woman's curious white eyes. Cwfen nic Graine seemed to see things perfectly clearly, although the lack of color in her eyes might have suggested blindness. The wolfess before her inspired such curiosity, but she didn't dare act upon it quite yet. It was far too early in their acquaintance to even imagine asking such personal questions - at least, it was for Geneva. She was generally withdrawn, a shy personality.

But she wanted to continue talking with Cwfen, and in the back of her mind she hoped eventually they might become friends. She certainly wanted to get to know her. "The climates are somewhat similar. The seasons are much the same - it snows about as much, if not more here. But it is much more natural here. Where I was born, there wasn't really anything green and organic."

The gray wolfess wasn't one to offer a lot of information, but she was open to answering questions. As long as Cwfen kept asking, she'd keep answering. However, when the blue-banded wolfess uttered her last question, line green eyes closed for a moment. There was a dull ache in her chest, but it didn't hurt anymore like her heart was bursting. She no longer felt as though the world would end. She was surprised to find that she could talk about it.

"I started off..." she trailed off, trying to find the right words. "I came here to raise my children," she began, "to find a safe place for them to grow, to learn and love. This would have been the perfect place," she sighed wistfully, thinking of Nani and Anu's pups, so full of life and bursting with personality. "I needed to find a place to keep them safe. But, I guess that wasn't ever in the cards." The gray wolfess had miscarried on her way to Crimson Dreams.

She opened her eyes and smiled softly. "I know, without a doubt, that my children would have been so loved here..." she trailed off, thinking of her packmates, her new family, and she could taste the truth in her words. "They were never born...but I like to think that they aren't alone...that maybe, they're with Jordan, their father."

[/html]

Messages In This Thread