Long Distances
[html]

Thanks for the table~! And sorry for the wait!<3
500+

Cwmfen smiled lightly, sadly. The white orbs regarded the stone-hued wolf silently. The tragedies of the world always seemed to fall upon those undeserving. That was not to say that she was undeserving. She had killed many already in her life. Most had been in defense, to protect her self in that never-ending struggle for survival. Yet, in doing so, she had improved her skills, had made herself capable of protecting her self—and others, should she choose. But often she had chosen not to help others. She had even killed in cold blood, with a certain amount of sadism.... It had only been once or twice, but was not once too much? But a damaged soul learned to trust no one, and no one could be trusted. There was always some way to betray someone, no matter how great the bond that bound them. She had seen a brighter side of life once she had joined Dahlia de Mai. She had tried to forget that darker road that lay only at her side. But sometimes, in the dead of night, she felt that urge once more, that need to grab life by the horns and kill it.

.... Everyone had that capability.

“They say that a crow carries the soul over that river....” She said suddenly. The crow—badb—was a goddess of death too.

Once more, she discarded that dark, persistent shroud. “Perhaps dreaming would be most akin to death,” she speculated quietly. Yet dreaming was an ambiguous entity, for while there were dreams, there were nightmares also. She wondered which death would be most worthwhile.

“Truth—absolute truth, that is—is impossible to obtain, for knowledge is constantly expanding.” She laughed quietly with silver tones. “But I do think that it is with the heart and soul—not with reason—that we will be able to most closely obtain Truth.” She had thought long and hard upon this subject, and she felt a strange certainty in her words. Logic, while most objective, seemed to always need reason. But perhaps Truth itself did not require reason. Perhaps that was what made Truth Truth. “But who can say? If Truth is unobtainable, then no one will ever know its quality. But I feel that perhaps each individual will personally understand Truth to their own purposes, and that each interpretation will be just as correct as the next.” The woad-marked female felt that she was rambling and tried to change the subject.

She was in the stage of her life where she was searching—or perhaps that was always an excuse. She was always searching, and one day, when one search ended, a new search would begin. But for now, she was searching for this. “What is the nature of relationships?” Suddenly, Cwmfen smiled shyly. “Love, I mean....” She hoped that Geneva would understand what she meant. “It’s just that.... All my life I have been trapped in this solitude.” The white-eyed fae looked about as if gazing at the confines of her imaginary abode. “And yet, it’s not as if I hate this solitude, for my existence seems to require it greatly. But...sometimes the soul needs a companion. Something more than a friend perhaps....” There was no real frustration in the alto voice, however, for the search was not yet urgently provoking itself upon her. But curiosity was growing, and it was curiosity now that moved her to ask this Crimson Dream member.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread