Long Distances
[html]
It would be nice to believe that someone had accompanied Jordan and her unnamed children to their final destination. That someone might guide them, that the universe might care enough about tiny souls who had never gasped their first breath to provide comfort, support....everything she had never been able to - never had the chance to give. She hoped it was true.

Cwfen seemed so wise, so sure of herself. Her alto voice was like a whisper of darkness, like black velvet wrapped around her mind. She found that she liked listening to the woman, as much for her thoughts and insights as well as the peculiarly lovely sound of her voice. The pitch of her tone was calm, soothing.

And then their conversation turned to love. Cwfen seemed somewhat shy then. Geneva smiled, as much in welcome as in contemplation. "Love can be a lot of things - difficult, exhilarating, gentle...It depends on those involved in that relationship," she said softly, her mind turning to past times. "But, it has been my experience that the best kind of romantic relationship has always been based in friendship."

She breathed in, the cool air washing over her. "As far as the nature of Love...many disagree on its definition. Some think it has to do with the 'fireworks,' the excitement, the thrill you get just to be near that one man or woman. But I think..." she trailed off, an image forming in her mind of the one she missed the most. Kind yellow eyes gazed back at her down the void of memory, the soft smile curving his face so reminiscent of the times they'd talked for hours. And then the mental conjuring of Jordan seemed to nod, as if agreeing with her thoughts before fading away. "I believe that love, real love, will always be a choice to put the one you love first, to do whatever is best for them, even if it isn't the best for yourself," she finished softly.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread